OLIVER is looking to recruit a Senior Designer to work on-site with one of our flagship clients based in Canary Wharf.
The successful candidate will have a deep affinity with layout, typography and idea-generation. They will work with the brand team to concept and design a range of creative solutions across print, digital, social and experiential. They will have a passion for all things creative and a portfolio to capture the client’s attention and imagination.
- Produce creative and original concepts with a clear design rationale to accompany the work.
- To work collaboratively within the brand team to develop and execute ideas across a variety channels and formats including digital and social.
- To build and update the brand guidelines to exacting standards.
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions and present to senior stakeholders.
Person specification and key skills
- Has excellent all-round pure graphic design skills. Illustration and photography skills a bonus.
- Has a strong portfolio demonstrating a flair for layout, composition and typography.
- Has a mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. PowerPoint and Keynote presentation skills preferred.
- HTML, Flash, Motion Graphics skills a bonus.
- Is up to date with the latest design trends and has a thirst for knowledge that feeds into producing exciting work and pushing the creative bar.
- Is able to comfortably work as part of the brand team or autonomously, as required.
- Will support colleagues working to tight deadlines and have a level of flexibility to ensure work is done within set timeframes.
- Will share knowledge and create enthusiasm around new creative trends.
- Is able to prioritise and manage workload.
- Has good time keeping and is punctual and reliable.
- Is able to adapt and find ways to deliver, even under pressure.
- Has good communication skills and is able to write informatively and professionally.
- Can communicate ideas/updates/solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Can make valuable contributions to any debate, backed up by insights and industry knowledge.
- Can actively demonstrate good listening skills.
- Dares to push the boundaries of conventional thought.
- Must appreciate the views and opinions of others and be courteous when communicating.
- Open to new ideas or arguments.
- Comfortable with creative artworking and updating current template creative.
- Graphic Design degree or similar - Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro).
- Presentation Software - Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote.
Your portfolio: Portfolios are an important part of a design application and a great chance to show off your ability. We like to see portfolios of not just the finished product but also the ideas behind it.