An exciting opportunity for an experienced digital copywriter to join a dynamic Marketing Team working within an exciting FTSE 100 business; leading the way in digital innovation.
Reporting to the Head of Content, the position of in house copywriter is a newly created role. As the business expands on its consumer offering, this dedicated specialist to serve the growing needs for content of a number of different internal teams.
The digital copywriter will develop a deep understanding of the products together with their relevance to the audience needs and help to engage and communicate our offering across a variety of mediums, including the website, email and CRM programs and social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The role will work in an integrated way with stakeholders and channel owners across all BAU initiatives as well as specific project deliveries. This is a busy role so the new digital copywriter will establish and embed new internal processes for the briefing in, commissioning and delivery aspects and ensure the work is managed transparently and in a client-orientated way. Typical deliverables will span the following:
Social, Content & Marcomms
- Web editorial, video scripting, landing page content, product positioning and key messages, social campaigns, blog articles.
Acquisition Email & CRM
- Customer-centric comms, promotion of product features and benefits, newsletters, welcome and re-engagement programs, upsell and cross-sell comms, partner offers
Product & UX
- Contribution to product briefs, product descriptions, features and benefits, functional pages (data capture forms, FAQs, explainer copy, error messages, etc.), writing for multi device and within mobile apps.
SEO & Onsite
- SEO friendly web copy and suitable publication of content to support and enhance SEO results, page ranking, quick answers ranking, ranking for new keywords, etc. Support to ongoing SEO optimisation of content through working closely with the SEO team and the specialist SEO agency.
Legal & Compliance
Help writing in plain English and easily understood terms across a number of recurring legal and compliance requirements such as legal disclaimers, T&Cs, data capture opt in text, etc.
Understand and participate in performance management processes
Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Experience writing for the web in a marketing-led consumer business, ideally a regulated environment.
You will have worked on large integrated campaigns and digital projects and successfully communicated complex (either technical or financial) concepts to audiences with varying levels of awareness and understanding
You have a versatile writing portfolio and have written for different purposes: consumer education, technical copywriting, marketing materials, legal & compliance etc.
You have worked directly to interpret and apply a brand essence, positioning and tone of voice
You appreciate the different requirements of text across multidevice: desktop, mobile and tablet, and can adapt your execution accordingly
You have a strong understanding of SEO principles and how these reflect on content across choice of topics, language, tagging, metadata and onsite link architecture.
- You can hit the ground running, you are proactive and confident in your approach
- You can demonstrate resilience and the ability to adapt to changing requirements
- You are a natural fit to a dynamic environment based on robust 'test and learn' ways of operating.
- You are driven and persistent and have the customers' interests at heart
- You can negotiate complex stakeholder situations and work in a matrix in a consultative but authoritative way
- You are extremely well-organised, are capable of working well under pressure and hit tight deadlines
- You are a strong communicator and you can hold your own and influence course of action in senior stakeholder forums
Please apply with your CV if you feel you have the right skills and capability for this role. Not all applications will be responded to due to high volume response. Please make sure you highlight your most relevant experience on your CV