My luxury retail client is looking for a Copy Editor where you work across all aspects of the brands creative material: including brand content, emails, promotions, social media and mobile copy. The business is recognised as a leading luxury ecommerce/retail brand with a 250 person strong team based in offices in Tunbridge wells, the business has won multiple awards and the are keen to invite people who are passionate to join their team.
As a Copy editor, or working in a similar copy writing and editing role, you will be able to show in your roles to date and with relevant work examples (ideally collected in a portfolio):
- A proven ability to write, especially where you have balanced creativity with commerciality to help deliver content across the website, marketing campaigns, blog, social media and corporate channels.
- Excellent written English with editorial awareness and sub-editing/proof reading skills.
- Deadline driven with a proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- A general understanding of SEO best practices.
- A knowledge of fashion, seasonal trends
- Experience of writing in a luxury retail environment / a keen interest to learn this sector.
The role itself will be broad ranging and give you access to work with multiple departments and stakeholder so no two days will be the same, the key responsibilities will include:
- Seek to adopt a brand tone of voice, and act as a brand guardian
- Write, edit and proof-read engaging copy across all editorial channels including online, newsletters blog features and social channels.
- Compose articles for the company blog ensuring all copy reflects the brand ethos in both tone of voice and editorial direction.
- Work to ensure all copy reflects the brand values (both tone of voice and editorial direction).
- Sub-edit text written by a number of authors to ensure consistent house style.
- Assist to compile and work via a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalisation, correct grammar etc.
- Ensure all marketing copy is well written, logically structured, grammatically and factually correct.
- Support the Features Editor to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Research and pitch relevant content ideas staying up to date with the latest fashion and content marketing trends.
- Assist on curating content across all the wider marketing channels.
- Work harmoniously with senior members of staff and ensure all content across editorial is to the highest standard
- Collaborate with the teams to ensure copy is well-optimised for growing reach and acquiring new customers.
- Proactively push forward content development ideas forward
If this sounds like you and the kind of going-places business you would like to be part of then apply with a CV and portfolio of relevant work examples today. It would also be great to hear more about why this role appeals to you in your cover note.
This role is based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, it is accessible by train and a walk from the nearest station and there is parking near by as well on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware we can only respond to successful applicants. Please try and match your experience to the role and provide all the information required to help us see you as their next hire.