Are you an experienced manager ready to lead a content and editorial team?
Historic membership body going through digital transformation seek an experienced content professional to manage and lead a new team.
This association are repositioning and restructuring themselves as a digital first business. They have gone through rapid growth and currently have a brand-new team of content creators for a content manager to lead. This role reports directly into the Head of Content and is there to manage the workflow, ensure that the tone of voice is correct and advise and consult senior stakeholders on the editorial direction and vision of the company. This is a brand-new role and is coming in at a very exciting time for this digital first business.
This role will be responsible for resource planning, project allocation and workflow management, and ensure that the team works as a well-oiled internal content and creative agency, to develop and deliver the companies content needs. The team is made up of 10 content creators and technical editors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Setting up effective processes for the triaging, prioritisation and allocation of content creation and editing projects across the team.
- Working closely with the Head of Content to define and agree project SLAs with internal clients and stakeholders and ensure that team members are clear on their roles, responsibilities, project timelines and expected outcomes.
- Managing the team workflows - planning team workload, allocating projects effectively and monitoring execution and delivery.
- Ensuring that content creation projects of all nature - including the creation of blogs, articles, webpage and email copy, social media assets, graphics, photos and audio-video content - are effectively prioritised, allocated and delivered in time and within budget. With emphasis on quality control and tone of voice.
- Managing relations with external agencies, where applicable, to outsource the translation of key assets and/or creation of resources as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of leading a busy content and creative studio, ideally in an internal or external agency environment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and coaching editorial and creative staff - defining tasks, roles and responsibilities, allocating resources and managing busy project workflows.
- Experience of effective workflow planning, project prioritisation, allocation and monitoring - ideally in a busy environment dealing with projects of diverse nature and from numerous different clients.
- Experience working with professional editors highly desirable - understanding of editing and publication processes for digital resources.
- Strong stakeholder and client management skills, with experience of agreeing and setting up new workflow management policies, processes and project SLAs.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity be sure to apply today!