Are you a talented features writer with experience in B2B industries?
Started over 100 years ago, this prestigious membership body are looking for a Content Executive with a minimum of 3 years experience in B2B markets to join their tight knit team.
This organisation supports over 19,000 members at all stages of their careers with their continuous professional development. This is a great role for someone who would like to further cultivate their long-form writing skills and who is excited at the prospect of being hands on. Topics include fashion, engineering, shipping, construction, rail, food and more.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Producing long-form articles, the average length is around 2,500 words per article
- Commissioning articles as well as taking interviews for stories
- The role is 70% print and 30% digital, therefore your experience in print based publishing will be key
- Generating ideas and leads for original content such as interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
- Assisting in managing social media feeds such as Twitter and LinkedIn
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. A qualification in journalism would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years experience working in B2B industries with a focus on features writing
- Proven experience of writing and commissioning both print and online content, including features, news, interviews and opinion pieces.
- Experience of sub-editing and proofreading to a high level, with a good eye for detail.
- Experience of publishing-specific software, specifically Informz and Drupal (or something similar)
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- A pension scheme into which the company will contribute an amount equal to 4% of qualifying earnings in the first year, increasing to 7% after one year's service
- Life assurance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day for every year of service to a maximum of 30 days, plus UK bank holidays (pro rata)
- 3 days office closure between Christmas and New Year
- 35 hour working week, finishing at 4pm on Fridays
- Flexible working hours: flexible start and finish times around core hours
- Career development - we are committed to developing our people and invest in training for everyone
- Sociable friendly culture, committed to doing an excellent job for the quality profession
- Relaxed dress code
This organisation supports their members to share best practice and showcase their work to help them learn from one another. If this collaborative environment within the not-for-profit sector is somewhere that you can imagine working, then apply today!