Working for this professional body, this exciting opportunity has arisen for a long term contract working within a centre for excellence.
Your role as the Content Executive will assist the Content Manager in writing, commissioning, editing and proofreading online and offline content for the various brands, deliver content in line with overall business objectives and assist in the promotional activities and events.
* Creating content for all our publications and digital communications, in particular for the monthly magazine and digital newsletters.
o Creating and commissioning content that is optimised for each platform - e-newsletter, print, Members' Area online and open-access online.
o Generating ideas and leads for original content such as interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
o Building a list of contacts, interviewing sources and transcribing the interviews.
o Writing articles and features to tight deadlines.
o Commissioning articles and features from freelance writers and subject experts and stakeholders.
* Assisting the Content Manager/Editor with the editing and proofing of content for all our print publications and digital communications.
* Coordinator of the Knowledge email newsletters, including the building, testing and distribution of the newsletter to members.
* Responsible for liaising with professional networks and content focus groups, including attending meetings of Special Interest Groups, Corporate partners and internal events to produce reports.
* Demonstrating support of Content Manager meeting communications strategy and in the efficient and effective running of the department, including assisting in the delivery of content meetings, planning for projects, proofreading, flatplans and budgets.
* Responsibility for managing projects from concept to delivery, including managing stakeholders and budgets as required, and measuring progress and results to ensure successful delivery on time and on budget.
* Deputising for the Editor during the production process and at meetings, including, where necessary, liaising with external production teams such as the printers. This includes creating flatplans and signing off the final files with the printers.
* Planning and assisting in the creation of multimedia resources such as video and webinars by producing content plans and questions for interviews, etc.
* Organising photoshoots when required.
Applicants for this role should be educated to degree level, with a preference in a journalism qualification. Experience of working within a magazine or publication with a high level of proof-reading and sub editing and a good eye for detail, is a must.