Are you a talented Content Editor with experience in corporate B2B markets?
This is an unmissable opportunity to work for a globally renowned membership association. They have been around for over 70 years and are held to the highest regard when it comes to their content. Their reach spans across their 80,000 members as well as their wider audiences. This role is perfect for someone with a strong editorial a background working in the corporate or legal sectors.
The role involves a lot of editing, proof reading and liaising with the internal team and external stakeholders. They need a strong relationship builder who can keep up with a busy office environment. An interest in human right and law is essential along with a good command of InDesign. This is a 12 month fixed term contract that includes a Christmas bonus.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Content Editor is responsible for overseeing the commissioning and production processes for content relating to their designated subject areas, both in print and digital.
- To oversee a suite of publications ensuring timely publication and topical and relevant content - development of knowledge of allocated areas will be key.
- Proofreading the print and online publications, working closely with the Senior Content Editor and Junior Content Editor.
- To manage external editors and editorial boards of publications, ensuring commissioning is topical and content is delivered to schedule. This will include developing a close working relationship with the Editors and Editorial Boards of allocated products. In addition to this you will need to liaise with allocated committees in the preparation, production and publication of their content, including newsletters, as scheduled.
- To manage the complete production process of each publication ensuring that they are published to schedule. This will include overseeing external suppliers such as freelance writers, editors and proofreaders and close liaison with Production team. The Content Editor will be required to edit content or oversee a freelance copy editor, collate proof corrections from proof readers, authors and external editors, commission indexers, and pass final proofs for press ensuring that content is of the highest standard throughout this process.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1 classification.
- At least 2 years' experience in a copy editing/sub-editing role within the B2B markets, ideally within corporate or legal sectors.
- Having formal training in copy editing and project management or commissioning.
- Essential: Good working knowledge of Excel, MS Word and InDesign.
- Desirable: Some experience of back-end systems, such as database, CMS or CRM systems or e-marketing systems.
- A highly organised multitasker who is keen to learn and pick up skills rapidly will do well in this role.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Comfortable building relationships with colleagues and clients across all levels of seniority.
- Someone with an interest in Human Rights or the legal sector would be ideal.
If you are looking to gain invaluable experience within a well-respected and progressive multimedia organisation then be sure to apply today!