Who we are
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Communications Manager to create and maintain a favorable public image representing Geotab and all of its products and services across Europe.
What you'll do:
As a Communications Manager you will be responsible of defining the strategy and execute it on various public relations and corporate communications campaigns, navigating the unique media landscape across Europe.
How you'll make an impact
- In alignment with Geotab’s global public relations program, support the development of a results-driven, Pan-European media relations strategy with consultation and guidance from Regional leaders and Geotab’s Senior Manager, Corporate Communications.
- Act as the main contact and local manager of Geotab’s PR agencies across Europe to lead in the planning of unique, region-specific program strategies while maintaining responsibility for results and cross-country alignment.
- Support development of clear, concise and highly impactful communication deliverables such as press releases, media alerts and key messages and determine optimal distribution through media relations, social media and other communication channels.
- Ensure effective media management at European tradeshows and conferences by identifying interview opportunities and facilitating as needed.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders on Europe-specific award applications and PR planning for new wins and award events.
- Align with Geotab’s Internal Communications and HR teams to tailor and streamline internal communications as well as support the execution of a Europe-specific employee engagement program.
- Assist the Corporate Communications team in ensuring global alignment of both PR and internal communications strategies and providing careful consideration for region-specific nuances and communications/PR needs.
What you'll bring to this role
- Diploma/Degree specialization in Public Relations, Communications, Business or Marketing or a related field highly valued.
- 5-7 years experience in a communications role with a focus on public relations/media relations.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Agency management experience would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in managing a public relations agency required.
- Solid understanding of the media landscape, including business and technology publications, in Europe, specifically in the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading abilities.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
- Work from home and flex working arrangements
- Online learning and networking opportunities
- Employer pension contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Generous dental coverage and worldwide travel insurance
- Subsidized fitness membership
How we work
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!