In this role you will advise on and deliver professional, timely and trusted communications which motivate, inspire, inform and engage staff in the design and implementation one or more change programmes.
- Work with the programme lead and other senior staff to advise on how best to engage internal and external stakeholders with the detail design and delivery phases of changes.
- Leads on delivering fast, accurate responses to complex and sensitive pan-organisational issues. Coordinates closely with other teams to deliver effective communications and campaigns, through:
* Developing accurate and compelling messaging;
* Targeting and briefing key external stakeholders (not covered by GEA); and
* Providing guidance, briefing and negotiating agreements with external stakeholders on local and national partnerships, including event sponsorship opportunities.
- Significant experience of communicating change to multiple audiences.
- Extensive experience of internal and external communications management, the majority of which should have been spent in a large, complex, multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Experience of Intranet and Internet content, editing and management is essential.
- Experience using social media as part of an integrated communications plan.
- Significant experience of setting up and managing the delivery of cross-organisational, multi-audience communication projects.
- Proven ability to deliver effective internal and external communications with demonstrable impact.
- Experience of scenario planning and managing crisis communications.
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously applying best practice in Project Management.
- An ability to keep up a strategic approach to delivering against organisation objectives, whilst working collaboratively with team members, senior stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of how different approaches (social media, text narrative, video, interaction) impact on objectives, and strategic decision-making as to when and how to use different content types to their best effect.
- First class project management skills, including managing project teams including staff senior to you, peers and juniors.
- Confidence with digital and audio-visual tools and channels and a desire to be an early adopter of new entrants (e.g. digital content management, videography with simple handheld devices, email management tools such as MailerLite, social media).
The role of Communications Manager with specific Change Communications experience is a live role with a key client. For immediate consideration and full details, please submit an application ASAP.