Shoreham Port is a modern, forward thinking Port, located on the outskirts of Brighton. A rare opportunity has arisen for a Communications Manager to lead on the Port’s stakeholder engagement, event management and communications. A highly varied role in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Could you be our next Communications Manager?
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities
- Lead on all stakeholder engagement activity - correspondence, coordinating activity and follow up PR.
- Build partnerships with local organisations that support the Port’s stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Management (full project plan, budgeting and delivery) of all Port events such as community boat trips, Port tours, stakeholder meetings and the annual customer day for example.
- Management of communications team.
- Produce key marketing material for the Port including PORTlife, Annual Report and other publications, including copy, images and creative input.
- Maintenance and development of the Port’s website.
- Proof read weekly press releases and coordinate handling of press enquiries.
- Gather photographs for the Port’s marketing material.
- Represent the Port at related networking events, helping to raise the Port’s profile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can be adapted for effective internal communication and for external stakeholder and customer engagement.
- Proven track record in event management
- Prioritisation – ability to work to tight deadlines
- People management experience
- Previous CMS experience and social media savvy
- Team player
- Professional qualification in communications/marketing desirable but not essential
What you’ll get from us
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Other wide ranging benefits
13 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
The closing date is Friday 29th June 2018, with interviews being held on Wednesday 11th and Friday 13th July.
Please download an application form from the jobs page of our website www.shorehamport.co.uk/jobs and submit your application to: recruitment@shoreham port.co.uk
To find out more about us please visit our website – www.shoreham-port.co.uk. For full details about this vacancy and a copy of the job description please visit www.shoreham-port.co.uk/jobs.