A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Communications Assistant to join the PR team at an established and very well respected professional body for the insurance and financial sector.
Based in a stunning office space in the City of London, as the Communications Assistant, you will play a vital role in building the organisations profile in the local, trade and national media. You will produce a range of internal communications, member communications and press releases.
You will have excellent organisational and time management skills with a key attention to detail as you research and respond to press enquiries. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, developing and delivering a regular flow of news and content across various channels such as website, social media and newsletters. The ideal candidate would have a degree in Journalism or PR and would be highly ambitious, joining an organisation who have fantastic growth and development plans for all team members.
- Responsible for producing internal communications, member communications and press releases.
- Researching and responding to press enquiries, ensuring that media sign-off protocols are adhered to.
- You will develop and deliver a regular flow of news for internal communications and member publications.
- You will research pro‐active story ideas, case studies and comment pieces using a combination of traditional and social media channels, delivering a regular flow of up-to-date news for internal communications and member publications.
- You will develop content for the staff website, liaising with internal colleagues as necessary.
- You will identify opportunities for additional audio, video and social media material for internal and member communications. You will produce this material with the assistance of other members of the communications team.
- You will provide proofreading, editing and communications advice and services to internal colleagues and members.
- You will take a creative approach to work, identifying and recommending new processes, ideas and ways of working at an individual and team level and across the organisation.
- Have excellent communication, written and grammar skills. You will be a creative and imaginative thinker.
- You will have some experience of planning, implementing and evaluating effective internal and external communications.
- Ideally have an industry recognised PR or journalism qualification or equivalent experience.
- Be able to successfully assess and report back to the Communications Director the impact of your work using analytics.
- Have strong relationship building skills (externally and internally).