Client Services Director
We are looking for an inspiring, talented and driven Client Services Director for our Head Quarters to play a pivotal role in the continued success and expansion of our global Agency. April Six is an award winning B2B agency that specialises in Tech and has been ranked in the top 20 B2B global and fastest growing agencies this year. We have over 125 team members in 3 continents making this position a truly critical addition to our exceptional leadership team.
Purpose of Role
We have a great opportunity for a Client Services Director to join the team at our head office in Harefield. You will have ownership of our key clients and be responsible for the development of the entire client services team to ensure they are world class. Ideally you will be in a similar role and looking for your next challenge, you will be highly commercial, with a strong new business drive and a proven track record of setting and exceeding growth targets with experience in and a passion for managing and developing large teams.
As a member of the UK board you will proactively lead and contribute to the ongoing vision of the agency. As our HQ CSD you will play a pivotal role in the wider April Six infrastructure across the globe ensuring strong collaboration and effectiveness with other April Six offices in order to best serve our global clients.
You’ll be an experienced people manager, with a relentless desire for developing a high performing team who deliver excellence, on brief, on budget and on time. You should have excellent communication skills, a forensic attention to detail and be able to maintain relationships at all levels. You should have the personal desire for growth and development and a desire to contribute to the strategic direction of the Client Services team and the agency as a whole. You should have a strong track record of growing client business. The right candidate will be able to juggle the demands of client business alongside internal responsibilities with ease.
- Drive long term client planning and growth.
- Actively work with 1st line reports to drive client activity, initiating strategic and tactical solutions that are commercially creative for both clients and the Agency.
- Lead and manage pitches with new and existing clients.
- Ensure company processes are deployed effectively and ensure that team members adhere to Agency best practice.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the Agency’s processes, agree buy in from the Agency board and support and drive the changes.
- Act as a key point of contact for the MD and be responsible for both financial and people reports.
- Build strong relationships with clients, inspiring and exciting them about our work and our delivery against their objectives.
- Actively participate in and raise April Six’s profile within the wider marketing industry.
- Manage, inspire, guide, motivate the client services department to ensure that they perform at their peak and grow their careers.
- Ensure clear communication upwards and downwards within the client services department, be visible and approachable to all team members.
- Manage, mentor and lead the GADs and ADs and support them in the management of their teams.
- Develop the team, having a clear talent and training plan that allows individuals to develop professionally and the department to deliver its objectives.
- To work with the Creative Director and Planning lead to build strategic business partnerships with clients.
- To review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for April Six.
- To manage the operations, activities and financial performance of the client services department.
- Ownership of overall targets within client services.
- Forecasting accuracy and invoicing management.
- Working with the MD and senior client services on growth planning by client.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required for the Role
- A skilled and inspirational communicator, presenting with exceptional gravitas.
- Experience of pushing boundaries and evolving B2B brands.
- Broad campaign experience – brand development, digital innovation, mobile and demand generation, social media etc.
- Excellent people manager with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment
- Genuine insight into B2B marketing, experience working with tech companies would be an advantage.
Highly competitive salary plus a great benefits package including; 25 days’ holiday per year, pension and Bupa Healthcare (these will be added to the package following successful completion of the 4 month probation period).