Category Marketing Executive, Huntingdon -
Are you passionate about Category management and driving the success of your products? Do you have a strong foundation in analysing sales data and market trends to capitalise on opportunities? Are you looking for an exciting, new challenge with an established market leader? Then read on for more details…
Our client is trusted by their customers to produce the highest quality and most innovative products on the high street. They have a stellar reputation in their industry and have a history of working with some of the most well-known brands. Chances are, you have a product they have produced sitting at home in your cupboards.
As a business, they strive to be the best in everything they do and this attitude has served them well, leading them to be one of the key players in their sector. Whether it's sourcing the newest and best ingredients to create a unique product that fits the shoppers' needs or providing the highest quality insights and market analysis so that they can act quickly, they are always looking for ways to drive the business forward, whilst also serving their customers and the end consumer.
Offering an inspiring, collaborative and positive working environment where opportunities for progression and development are plentiful, this really is a fantastic opportunity for a junior candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career!
Sounds great, but what would I be doing?
Well, day to day, your role could look a little something like…
- Analysing sales data from the previous week and compiling a report for relevant stakeholders, outlining key opportunities for growth
- Summarising competitor activity and promotions and using a variety of research methods to understand current shopper behaviour and market trends to help products and brands perform better
- Working collaboratively with the Sales, Brand and Product Management teams to provide high quality insights into category performance, highlighting bestselling lines and those which aren't performing as well
- Making recommendations to the wider marketing and product development team to capitalise on changing and emerging trends
What do you need from me?
- You'll have 1-2 years' experience in a Category Management or Marketing position, with a strong focus on data and insights, ideally within a B2C, retail or FMCG business
- Be able to interrogate data to present the wider picture, not just regurgitate statistics and sales figures
- Be confident presenting your analysis and insights to a range of stakeholders at different levels
- Able to work independently as a self-starter, but also work collaboratively with a range of teams
- Have a strong commercial mindset and be confident analysing big data sets, providing the wider team with the context and story behind the numbers
- Think outside the box to gain insights into the market and have a problem-solving approach
- If you're looking for a role that will offer you plenty of autonomy and the chance to drive category performance and insights within a hugely successful business, apply today!
Ideally situated for candidates based in Cambridgeshire, this role is easily commutable from Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cambourne, Cambridge, Peterborough, Ely, March, Stamford, Wisbech, Kettering and Corby.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
Search Brand Recruitment on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all of our latest jobs.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern region. If you have not heard back from us within seven days, please assume that your application has not been successful.