Are you itching to make a real difference to a brand with huge potential? Are you passionate about trends, category and behavior? If so, read on…
We are The Collective, our mission is to create ridiculously tasty, game changing products to build the Dairy of tomorrow from the ground up. A brand started by two chefs in New Zealand who wanted to change the landscape of Yoghurt forever; we are now the fastest growing Yoghurt brand in the UK, with innovation and quality still at the heart of what we do. Our products are sold in over 5,000 stores, we are growing at over 25% and we have huge growth ambitions for our brand. No matter how big we get, we will always challenge the norm.
So if you’re passionate about food and being part of a fast-paced challenger brand where you can make a genuine difference… The Collective is the place for you!
We have continued big growth ambitions for our brand and are looking for a dynamic, driven and curious Category Manager to unleash the full potential of our range and take it to the next level. You will play a key role in shaping the future of The Collective business and will have a huge impact on our relationships with our retailers.
- Category Manager
- The Collective UK
Reporting into the Category Controller, you will have responsibility for a number of accounts, including those in the top 4. We’re growing fast, leading the agenda in the category, and it will be your job to ensure we realise our full potential.
- Becoming Thought Leaders in the Category! Building our relationships with key customers, to be a valued and indispensable extension of their teams and earn us an influential seat at the table. Through…
- Developing compelling, insightful and breakthrough category stories and insights through multiple data sources, to unlock unprecedented growth opportunities with our key customers.
- Being inspirational and aspirational! Implementing the Category Vision and leading Thought Leadership projects.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing teams to gain deep understanding of our brand and category performance in our key customers.
- Constantly on top of trends, sharing with the wider team and driving action.
- Inputting your ideas and feedback to support in the development of our NPD pipeline, and our business growth strategy.
- Provide regular updates to the business to help keep everyone close to the latest consumer and competitor activities.
- Supporting evaluation of promotions and shopper marketing activity to enable us to consistently make great business driving decisions
What we’re looking for from you:
- An experienced and talented category manager, who loves digging into data, finding incredible insights and then bringing them to life through a compelling story that leads to business growth – specifically must be experienced in IRI.
- Relishes being in front of retailers and excels in building a rapport with our critical business partners.
- Is deeply curious about consumers and shoppers and what we can do to meet their needs.
- Is a self-starter, you treat any business you work in as your own, seeing opportunities and making them happen – with pace!Has a relentless desire for growth (it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning!) and is excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment, embracing the opportunity to do things differently
- Believes in the benefit of collaborative relationships and cross-functional working, you can flex your approach where necessary for the greater good of the business.
- Is a great communicator and uses this skill to positively influence people around them, even in challenging circumstances
- Thinks creatively about how to solve problems, no matter what they are
- ...... and being a yoghurt addict is a bonus!
What makes this role different to all the other great-sounding Category Manager roles out there?
Two key things: People & Potential.
People: Amazing people are at the heart of our business and we genuinely believe we have some of the most talented people around. It is not just the individuals though; it is the energy the team creates together plus our strong values that drive us all to achieve even more than we have so far.
Potential: This is a role with potential for the right person to lay claim to being one of the key individuals to spearhead the move from challenger brand to household name. The business is growing fast and is winning the hearts and minds of retailers and consumers alike. But there are so many opportunities for distribution, awareness and trial that the sky really is the limit!
What we can provide for you
We are more than a team. We are The Collective.
We believe in community, and our teams are focused on collaboration and a ‘help first’ attitude.
We only win together. We’re a tight knit team of people who want to move the dial and make things happen. Your success is our success and we foster a mindset that expresses gratitude and celebrates achievement together. Just like our products bring a smile to consumers, we work hard to delight and excite our people.
As we grow, we want our people to grow. We offer a host of learning and development experiences in and outside of work that will spark your curiosity, broaden your thinking, and fuel your career. Our size and agility will allow you to make your mark in shaping the Dairy category of tomorrow. Our team of over 40 work in Huckletree West, a vibrant shared workspace that will give you access to an incredible network of high growth businesses in the consumer, tech and fashion sectors.
We care passionately about driving change for good, making lives that little bit healthier every day – whether by reducing sugar, creating healthier choices for kids, improving gut health, or working flat out on the dairy of tomorrow. We are investing in our sustainability and on the journey to BCorp certification. If, like us, you believe in a new standard of responsible, ethical, sustainable business, come join the herd!
We are working with our recruitment partner, PIE Recruitment on these roles. If you would like to know more please contact them directly on 01494 360360.