Our client is a well known and much loved FMCG business with a category leading portfolio and ambitious growth plans. An opportunity has arisen within the category team for an experienced Category Manager to manage the Tesco account.
The key purpose of the role is to retain and develop the category management relationship with Tesco, driving the category agenda for mutual growth and to execute the category leadership vision. This is a high profile relationship management role and requires excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Support the account team in the development of the category vision for growth within Tesco to develop annual category plan and 3 year vision.
- Drive change programmes to improve promotional efficiency
- Advise customers on all elements of the marketing mix within your category
- Provide insight to the business regarding the promotions, product availability and price
- Ensure that you are the first point of contact for Tesco for their category insight needs
- Evaluate and optimise promotional performance within your account ensuring the customer pursues a strategy that adds value
- Support/own the development of range reviews and market presentations
- Develop and implement merchandising solutions
The ideal candidate will possess at least 3-5 years category management experience gained in an FMCG business. You will have the relevant market data experience i.e. Kantar and Nielsen and experience on Tesco will be an advantage. Candidates with experience on other top four accounts are also of interest.