This globally recognised FMCG powerhouse within the beauty sector is looking for a new Category Manager to join the ranks of their hugely talented marketing team. Your role will be to execute and deliver category and trade marketing strategies and objectives across the UK. This business holds market-leading positions worldwide and has products available in over 150 countries. This is one of the most exciting and colorful brands on the market.
The business has big plans for 2020, with exciting new NPD coming to market which will shake up the category and bring in new growth. The business is present in both retail and professional beauty channels, with a turnover of £80m and plans to grow this to £100m in the next few years.
They’re a vibrant team that is hungry and passionate, not only about the business but about their individual careers. This creates a strong team ethic and a real stay culture as people want to succeed. If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity with a global leader in the beauty category, then this is the one for you.
- Category Manager
- Global Beauty Leader Managing Retailer Accounts (Tesco, Asda and Morrisons)
- £40,000-£45,000 + Benefits
You will support the Head of Customer Marketing in grocery and key accounts to deliver business targets. This role is extremely varied, working across a range of retail customers. You will be required to have considerable dealings with buyers & category managers both internally and externally.
- You will be responsible for delivering category & trade marketing strategies & objectives within the UK retailer base.
- Use account and shopper data (IRI, Kantar & retailer data sources) to shape business thinking on commercial and trade sector planning
- Advise on the strategic direction for all instore and digital shopper marketing activities.
- Own NPD launch process - Looking at store launch plans and work with sales to achieve business targets
- Evaluate promotional activity and make recommendations on future promotional planning
- Provide monthly category updates and present findings at commercial planning meetings
- Work closely with NAMs & marketing to create account specific selling stories for brands with value adding insight to ensure success at range reviews.
You will be customer facing in this role so it is essential you have good people skills, analytical skills but also a level of creativity.
- 3-5 year background in FMCG
- A passion for work, to drive for improvement & development.
- Degree Educated
- Strong experience in Category Management
- An understanding of trade marketing; experience in trade marketing an advantage
- Analytical and highly skilled in the effective use of IRI and Kantar data
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams. With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Automotive and B2B Markets. Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping. For our clients we live and breathe your cultures, provide open and honest consultation and strive at every turn to be an extension of your business. Without this we would just be another recruiter, lost in a sea of mediocrity and adding no value.