Business Director (Retail / Charity Accounts) – Stunning Agency – Central London – c£75k + (12 month FTC)
Multi award-winning Central London agency seeks a Business Director to work on a retail heavyweight and two charity accounts.
People tend to stay at this worldwide creative agency because they genuinely care about and support their talent. It really is a fabulous place to work.
The agency are looking for a driven Business Director to manage a portfolio of brands spanning the retail and charity sectors.
They require a capable, proven client partner with extensive charity and retail CRM experience, gained from within an agency environment.
Account 1 - The agency has been working with this account for almost five years. The core business is the management of a loyalty programme which includes strategic comms and data planning as well as creative delivery of the programme’s on and offline member communications.
Account 2 – The agency has been working with this charity client since 2015. The agency are the lead strategic and creative partner for all acquisition, retention and legacy activities across both the fundraising and brand arms of the organisation.
Account 3 – This account has been with the agency for over ten years. The agency are the lead strategic and creative agency, offering a full service solution (strategy, creative, studio, print) across the charity’s acquisition, retention and legacy activities.
Reporting & Context
The Business Director will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer, who is also the account sponsor across all three accounts. The account sponsor is available as a sounding board and to provide high-level guidance only. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, someone who is highly motivated and comfortable to work autonomously, using their own initiative without awaiting direction.
As the Business Director you will establish yourself as a Client Service ambassador who leads every aspect of the business portfolio whilst also collaborating with key department heads to deliver against the account and agency objectives. This is particularly important as all three accounts are full service, therefore, fostering a successful partnership between your account team of seven and the other departments (Data, Planning, Creative, UX, Production, Commercial) is critical.
The account team currently consists of two ADs, one PD, two SAMs, one AM/PM and one AE.
What the agency are looking for
This role would suit a Business Director who has sound charity and retail experience, and who is able to fully understand the challenges and opportunities currently facing the fundraising and retail sectors. Drawing on past knowledge and experience to help solve the agency’s client’s business challenges.
Confident and gregarious, the successful Business Director needs to be adept at team management, not only are you able to inspire and lead at a senior level, but also remain sufficiently close to the detail. Ensuring the team receive the direction and management required day-to-day to safeguard the agency’s high standards of client service.
You will also be comfortable building strong client relationships at a senior level and across multiple client teams. Possessing the confidence and ability to occupy a seat at the marketing top-table. You will be comfortable speaking with Heads of Departments, Marketing Director and CEO level clients, Procurement Managers, as well as other agency lead such as Managing Directors at partner agencies.
Specific Experience Required
- At least 10 years agency experience.
- Experience leading, motivating and developing a large account team.
- Experience of direct and digital marketing channels, especially DM, email and DRTV.
- Fluent in interpreting/discussing campaign performance, measurement, metrics, recommendations
- Excellent communication skills – articulate in person and in writing, confident presenter
- Ability to build trusted relationships with senior clients, ability to handle conflict and negotiations.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- An entrepreneurial approach to seek out and convert opportunities to meet unidentified targets
- Excellent understanding and judgement of creative
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple demands without compromising agency time/resources.
- A natural team player who fits well into a collaborative, friendly team.
- Excellent client management skills (manages expectations, builds trust, communicates well).
- Experience of working with multiple agency partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, great attention to detail, a “Brilliant Basics” ambassador
- Strong creative judgement and strategic thinking, with the ability to challenge ideas.
- A collaborative and inquisitive mind-set – leads by example to create a positive team environment
Salary and benefits
The agency offers a competitive salary (c£75k+) plus a great benefits package.
· 25 days holiday
· 1 day off for your birthday
· Private Health - BUPA
· Life Assurance and LOADS of soft benefits too!
This is a not-to-be-missed role at one of London’s finest, multiple award-winning agencies.
Business Directors with strong digital and direct marketing experience alongside charity account experience, please get in touch.
If this role is not what you’re looking for, then don’t worry. At Fill Recruitment we specialise in all agency positions. We are currently recruiting for account handlers, planners and creatives at all levels.
If you would like to find out more please visit our website: www.fillrecruitment.com