Are you a Business Director who would like to join an international global network agency based in London? Please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
Our client is probably the largest and most international multi-practice marketing agency of its kind, who influence people's buying behaviour with transformative creative solutions informed by rich data and sharp insights and has expertise in shopper, digital, experiential, relationship, promotional and trade marketing.
The key role of the Business Director (BD) is to have overall responsibility for leading and driving the business effectively and profitably and managing all aspects of one or more client relationships. The role requires an ability to provide strategic direction, inspiration and leadership to the team and champion creative thinking at all levels. Key responsibilities:
- a key player in strategic discussions both on a day-to-day basis and whilst looking at the longer term.
- Demonstrate a solid strategic and executional understanding of the client's business and market.
- Understand the external influences on the clients business and how the agency can add value to the Clients business.
- Proactively think ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to issues, which may be less than obvious to current thinking.
- Develop and manage close working relationships with the client to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved. The role involves working across 2 client business units so leadership of multiple stakeholders will be required.
- Ensure the effective interrogation of the brief takes place where all parties understand its implications, whilst providing internal counsel and optimal strategies for debating any controversial/challenging aspects of the brief.
- Strive to maintain and constantly improve creative standards within the business, whilst nurturing the team to carry this through at all levels.
- Work effectively with Project Management to ensure that all projects are on time and on budget.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability for the financial health of the client's business both from an agency and client perspective.
- Generate and continually strive for organic growth of the client business and effectively cross sell capabilities.
- Work closely with New Business to maximise all relevant opportunities and where appropriate play an integral role on new business pitches.
- Display leadership and provide effective counsel to the team at all times.
- Understand and work with the strengths and weaknesses of the team to maximise performance.
- Be a key motivator for all team members - inspire them in all things that you undertake.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience in at a Business Director level in a similar environment.
- Understanding of brand growth strategies, i.e. acquisition and retention.
- Experience of developing an account and growing the business.
- Passion for generating bright ideas and delivering work that sells.
- Ability to think beyond execution and to offer solutions rather than problems.
- Excellent communication skills - understands the importance attached to positive client relationships and demonstrates an engaging an open style of communication.
- Experience and success establishing and maintaining effective working relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills - works in a time efficient and organised manner and seeks to streamline processes where appropriate as well as prioritises effectively.
- Previous experience in managing and leading teams.
Salary: up to £85K plus many great benefits
For anyone who is interested in this role then please send Ali your CV via the "link" below to be considered. Ali can then get in touch with you should your skills and experience be what our client is looking for.
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link onto them.
Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter