Business Director who will be part of the Senior Management team and report in to the agencies Partners.
THE AGENCY :
A large brand experience agency with offices in London and EMEA and big plans for further global expansion.
They have a client list to die for and have delivered and are working on some of the most
Huge integrated solutions, helping brands build authentic and long-term connections with their audience.
You'll be joining the dots between people, brands and culture and creates meaningful relationships… turning consumers into brand fans.
WORKING AT THE AGENCY
A fun, creative and passionate bunch in a cool and trendy office!
HUGE ambition to succeed, the willingness to tread where others might not and the determination to face and change the status quo. We influence our clients, creative partners and each other through the
power of our narrative and clarity of thought. We harness the power of the collective through
collaboration and, as one of the team, you will contribute to the success of the agency. We
are an independent agency that believes being financially well run is as important as the great work we
You're driven to want to make things happen and are focused on delivering great concepts through to the delivery of first class account handling and production, so rock solid foundations and process underpin everything they do as an agency.
You are a primary interface between the agency and their clients and have a responsibility for building and sustaining successful client relationships that deliver year on year growth. Your remit covers existing appointed agency clients alongside a need to participate and drive new business initiatives, both self-generated and agency lead.
WHAT YOU'RE THERE TO DO
- Maintain successful client relationships within existing accounts, establishing yourself as the
senior contact within the business.
- Ensure client and agency satisfaction, with regular health checks against all aspects of the
relationship - ensuring we are relevant and tuned to our client's needs going forward as they move within the industry.
- Look to develop personal relationships with clients where possible, speculate to accumulate, brunch and lunch, wine and dine.
- Maintain appropriate visibility on tier one and tier two projects working efficiently with the
HOD's and project management team to ensure excellence in execution, leading from the front or checking in with the appropriate frequency.
- Take the lead and/or play a key role on tier one projects, working with a wider team to ensure
100% client satisfaction. (Team make up and R+R's to be outlined dependent on project)
- Set up projects post pitch or given brief (tier one and two) and handover to HOD's and
delivery team with agreed budgets and scope of work.
- Ensure you are billed out to clients against project budgets to drive utilisation, liaise with
HOD's to ensure the appropriate team is place to deliver against set task and timeframes.
- Liaise with HOD's to ensure suitable resource is matched against clients and projects,including but not limited to capability, personality, cultural awareness, sector/category
- Pre-agree and set in motion PR and marketing opportunities for the agency derived from delivered work, including but not limited to case studies, video and photography for our own marketing channels, press releases and testimonials.
- Ensure post project client satisfaction, feeding back any comments on agency and individual performance where relevant.
- Oversee post project finance and time reconciliation, for use in both client and internal reviews.
New Business / Business Development
Demonstrate an always on mentality in regard to new business and networking on behalf of the agency.
Devise strategies to turn potential pitches into given opportunities with new and existing
- Lead pitches for assigned clients, being the ringmaster of the process internally to ensure the
best possible chance of success.
- Use your client relationship to predict, provide growth and deliver against our clients annual
forecast, whilst increasing levels of confidence on our graded forecast.
- Provide proactive thinking and ideas to our clients that deliver ROI, encouraging spend of
- Unearth and unlock potential for growth within our existing clients business by networking and
expanding across their business, using your client as a gateway to opportunity.
- Provide added value to our clients, keeping them abreast of industry of industry updates,
sector news and marketing trends that can in turn unlock additional revenue streams for the
- Keep your client abreast of the growth of the agency and new skillsets and offerings that come
about, share and circulate positive news in the pursuit of business development
- Report into the partners on performance against set target.
- Demonstrate financial acumen and flair, adhering to and client procedures, whilst
installing diligence across teams.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the financial model by balancing our profitability needs
with client service requirements.
- Provide guidance to finance and procurement to effectivelty negotioate with clients.
- On an ongoing basis, with the senior management team manage/input the correct financial
forecasting of both blue sky and live projects relating to all clients you are responsible for.
- Support the agency partners in the pursuit of business growth through efficiencies in agency
output and exploration into new channels.
- Assist and encourage participation by core staff in the take up of new practices across the
agency, leading by example.
- Participate in new initiatives and contribute to the overall culture of the agency.
THEY WILL LIKE YOU BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- A proven track record of delivering excellence
- Experience working with leading consumer brands
- Experience of managing / guiding a number of individuals/ colleagues in pursuit or excellence and creativity.
- Previous experience managing senior clients across multiple brands, proving best in class client management, problem solving and relationship building
- An ability to think strategically about marketing challenges, whatever the brief, audience or channel
- A black book of contacts, both client and partner side to drive business growth and campaign execution
- Client loyalty that facilitates organic new business opportunities
- Experience managing budgets, profitability and delivery
- A deep understanding of the commercial realties of running a business
- Excellent written and presentation ability.
- A natural gravitas and presence to make things happen