Business Development Account Manager - £35,000
Thundridge, Hatfield, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Luton, Welwyn, Borehamwood, Stevenage
An experienced Business Development Manager is needed in Hertfordshire.
This business specialise in events and experiential activity for a range of blue chip clients across the UK. They're looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Business Development Manager to join them full time. You'll impress with your proven sales track record and professional communication skills. You will be a main point of contact for one of their major FMCG clients, managing the account and selling their services internally.
The successful candidate will be a much-valued member of their Business Development team, reporting directly to the Account Director, and working closely with other members of the Senior Management Team.
As well as a comprehensive range of strong selling skills, they want you to have:
- The experience of working on new business pitches - and winning them! A mix of sales and proactive account management would be ideal
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- An entrepreneurial approach to client development
- The desire to win today, but also to create and maintain robust client relationships for the longer term
- Sufficient experience and weight to be taken seriously at all levels, including main board directors, procurement, marketing teams and brand managers
- Marketing industry experience
- Strong prioritisation skills, with the ability to develop multiple clients and projects at any one time
- Knowledge of promotional marketing and the other elements of the marketing mix
- Confident with computers, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, unsupervised, in a busy and distracting environment
Successful candidates will be entitled to the follow in benefits.
10% bonus p.a
- All successful candidates receive a smartphone (usually an iPhone 5)
- Working hours are 40 hrs p.w.
- Holidays start at 20 days and after one full year, increase by 1 day per year to a maximum of 30 days
- NEST pension scheme after 3 months
- Private Healthcare after 2 years (non-contributory)
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus of £25 per quarter if no sickness
- Citroen staff discount scheme for new lease cars
- Flexible working hours for Campaign and Operations staff: can start 30 mins later / earlier, reduce lunch break to 30 mins and adjust leaving time at the end of the day
- Complimentary breakfast & fresh fruit & teas & coffees available
- Free on-site parking at Head Office
- Lots of Company socials!