Business Development Manager
Location: 18-20 Penton Street, N1 9PS
Hours: Full time
Salary: TBC in line with experience.
Timebased Events (www.timebased.co.uk) is a creative, experience-driven events company, based in Angel, Islington. We specialise in creating and producing high profile events and brand experiences throughout the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a dynamic Business Development Manager to join our team and lead our sales growth efforts. The successful candidate will be a confident and consultative events professional who can develop excellent relationships with assigned prospects to drive sales growth in line with agreed personal targets and the Timebased sales strategy.
This role will include:
- Leading agency sales efforts working with the agency Marketing Manager and leadership team.
- Targeting assigned prospect accounts to uncover and understand new business opportunities through cold calls, emails, online research, social media and other outreach activity.
- Build respected relationships with prospects and offer creative counsel.
- Building a pipeline of pitch opportunities for the current financial year and further ahead.
- Meeting qualified contacts to present agency credentials and discuss potential briefs.
- Contribute to the agency strategy to win when pitch opportunities arise.
- Recording outreach activity and future follow-ups through the agency database.
- Understanding competitor offerings and sharing relevant industry insights with the wider team.
- Producing sales reports and pipeline analysis.
- Proactively contributing new creative ideas about how to market and sell the agency services and promote brand awareness.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active individual who will relish the opportunity to coordinate and enhance all aspects of our communications. Key attributes will include:
- Previous experience in a similar sales role, ideally within a creative or brand experience agency.
- Proven track record in uncovering new business opportunities with global brands.
- A consultative and collaborative communications style.
- A confident presenter, the ability to listen and tailor responses to meet client needs.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- A natural problem solver with good knowledge of industry suppliers.
- Previous experience using sales databases/CRM systems.
- Extensive experience working with high profile brands in sectors ranging from fashion and beauty to automotive and technology.
Immediate interview for suitable candidates.
Please note that due to high levels of response, we are only able to get back to those applicants who have been successful.
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter (reference TBEBDM17) using the 'Apply' section.