Business development is a craft. Some may call it a dark art, where others see it as a natural set of skills that you are born with and have developed over time.
Whatever your views, when it comes to Business Development Director roles this one is certainly a rare opportunity that should peak your interest. Especially if you are wanting to be more than just an employee!
Our client is an well established UX and Service Design Agency based in Central London who currently work with a broad client base that operate within a very broad sector.
Over the years they have enjoyed natural growth mixed with the joint partners heading up the business development function.
They are now at a size where the founding directors need to focus on internal and client development. Therefore, it was established that as a long term investment that they now require a dedicated Business Development Director who has a solid understanding when it comes to UX and Service Design.
You will already be familiar with the role of a Business Development Director so don’t need us teaching you to suck eggs so to speak. However, as a top line, below is a shortlist of your key responsibilities.
- From a new business development perspective, the Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business plans. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing / project planning and closing new business opportunities.
- Lead and manage strategy heavy pitch projects
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships to ensure the team meets sales targets
- Experience articulating and securing large scale strategic design projects.
- Contributing to monthly sales targets and developing the company pipeline
- Ensure project teams are fully briefed on clients business, objectives and deliverables
- Taking briefs, writing proposals and pitching to C-level executives
In return for your skills and experience as a Business Development Director our client offers a very attractive package, tailored to your experience and level.
- Basic salary range - £70-80k
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Annual bonus linked to company performance
- Annual training budget to attend conferences
- Company pension scheme
- Possible share options
If you think you are the Business Development Director we are seeking then please drop me, Tom Howe, a line by clicking on the apply button below and attaching your CV. Once I’ve received this we can have a chat and go from there.