A bit about the team…
The BD team is headed up by Graeme Lawrence and we have Jon, Ed and Emma all working together to grow the Join the Dots offering. They love the varied work, exciting mix of clients that they get to work with and the people here at Join the Dots!
What does Join the Dots do?
As an innovative, award-winning consumer insight agency, we help you make better business decisions through a deep understanding of people. Wherever you are, we join the dots between your business needs, the best primary research approaches and our in-depth understanding of the consumer world:
What will you be doing?
Essentially, the role of the Business Development Director is to win new business for the company and take an active role in the development of our marketing strategy.
- Achieve a new business winning target (itemised in a separate document).
- Develop ongoing relationships with key research buying clients.
- Identify sales opportunities with existing clients.
- Help manage and build our client database.
- Input into the Join the Dots marketing strategy.
- Approach new clients to make them aware of Join the Dots and its products and to attain pitches and/or receive briefs.
- Prepare marketing materials/pitch presentation to present to new clients.
- Attend credential and project pitch meetings and deliver these presentations.
- Receive briefs and respond to them with an appropriate written proposal.
- To win appropriate research projects for the business (profitable and feasible).
- Delegate projects to project managers.
Who are we looking for?
You could be a Research Manager or above, looking for a new challenge or maybe you’re already in a business development role at a market research agency. We’re also open to someone who wants to work from home most of the time and come up to Manchester as and when you’re required to attend meetings etc.
What’s in it for you?
We’re based in the heart of the Northern Quarter in Manchester, surrounded by cool bars and restaurants and are about a 7 minute walk from Piccadilly Gardens. On top of that we offer corporate benefits such as an excellent pension scheme, season ticket loan, 25 days holiday and an employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and wellbeing packages.
Diversity and inclusion is massively high on our agenda and we welcome applications from all walks of life so click apply and if you’ve got what it takes, I’ll be in touch! If you’d like more information about the role, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a chat.