Recipe box company, Gousto, is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we’ve made it simple. We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with the ingredients and recipes ready to cook, so there’s no more ‘what’s for dinner’ panic.
A well-funded independent company, with ambitious plans to expand, Gousto is looking for a dedicated Brand PR Executive to join our team. There’s never been a better time to join us, so if you enjoy working alongside smart thinkers, with extraordinary drive, passion and talent, then apply now!
The role: Brand PR Executive
Gousto is on the hunt for an energetic Brand PR Executive, to join our growing Brand team (and business!). We’re looking for a hard-working self-starter, who has a natural flair for networking. Building strong relationships with media and influencers, as well as across the business, you’ll help tell our stories to the public through various communication channels – supporting us on our mission to fuel family life with good food.
Reporting directly into the PR Manager, you’ll be part of Gousto’s 8-strong Brand team, also working closely with the Social Media Manager, Content Manager, Design team and VP of Brand.
The role will involve:
- building strong, long-term relationships with media, influencers and colleagues
- assisting with events, from securing venues, to setting the agenda and driving attendance
- writing press releases and pitching news stories/feature ideas by phone to broadcast, national, regional and trade journalists
- monitoring the media (including newspapers, magazines, broadcasts, newswires, social media, online influencers), to identify coverage opportunities
- tracking media coverage and reporting results to wider Leadership and Management
- helping brainstorm fresh ideas for brand campaigns
- supporting in running our social media accounts
The right candidate for the role will be:
- highly organised and able to work well under pressure
- ideally have a minimum of 1+ years PR experience
- a team player – someone who can share responsibility for tasks
- able to hit the ground running
- genuinely interested in the food industry
- able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills (grammar is key!)
- a creative newshound, with a passion for staying on top of trends
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea, ice cream and fruit provided every single day
- Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 30% for your family and friends
- Free gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
- Quarterly team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Please click Apply now to apply for this job