Brand Marketing Lead – Major Pharma Brand
c.55K-60K + Car Allowance, Benefits & Bonus
Smart, ambitious, strategic thinking marketer with a track record of driving brand and revenue growth, required for this exciting role with a global player in the pharma market. As Brand Marketing Lead for the UK, you will build and drive the brand strategy in line with global strategies and customer and patient needs, guided by your deep understanding of external market and environmental trends. Working with multiple stakeholders in medical and commercial functions, you will lead cross-functional teams to define operational marketing plans, making brand investment decisions and managing effective marketing programs and initiatives for different channels and customer segments. The culture of the business is dynamic and fast paced, with a strong commitment to teamwork, innovative thinking and a willingness to try new approaches. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact upon a business with huge ambitions to expand its global footprint and make a difference to the lives of consumers across the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning the brand planning cycle and developing a successful 5 years strategic brand plan consistent with global guidance and portfolio strategy, using insights gained from customer and patient segmentation, business environment and competitors.
- Translating the Brand Plan into a strong actionable operational and promotional plan with clear goals, actions, accountabilities and measures.
- Leads the implementation of consistently rigorous marketing projects and programmes to suit customer segment needs, aligned to the CSF’s, marketing objectives and brand strategy.
- Managing robust short-term forecasts for the brand using clear assumptions and marketing tools such as patient flows and customer portraits to provide a long-term strategic view.
- Developing a deep understanding of key accounts, patient advocacy groups, professional associations, policy makers and key clinical opinion leaders for the therapy area, using insights gained to shape the strategy.
- Creating a Key Thought Leader plan in conjunction with the Medical Affairs team.
- Building a comprehensive understanding of the market size, segments (customers and patients) and levers for future growth. Tracking brand equity and positioning and competitor activity.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of the therapy area including anatomy, pathophysiology and epidemiology and drivers of diagnostic and treatment options.
- Providing clear communication and messaging to internal stakeholders including the sales force, ensuring commercial teams are aligned and clear on goals and expected deliverables.
- Building a motivated and engaged team with formal and informal recognition.
- Robust marketing and commercial experience ideally working on a mix of established and newer brands. Hands-on experience of product launches, marketing analytics, sales forecasting and development of key opinion leader programs within the pharma industry.
- Exceptional strategic marketing, analytical and planning skills including leadership of multi-disciplinary teams and effective implementation of strategy.
- Experience working in a highly scrutinised and challenged team to meet the demands of a major pharma product launch.
- Detailed understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills with a good grasp of relevant insight and financial data.
- Knowledge and understanding of the modern NHS and HSE and ideally Department of Health Ireland and how to influence it favourably.
- Proven team leadership, development and coaching skills.
Our client is a global player in the pharma market with huge ambitions to expand its footprint, embracing transformative technologies and working passionately to understand and solve the healthcare needs of people across the world. It is committed to best practice and offers a generous benefits package with a commitment to helping its employees have a healthy work-life balance throughout their career with the company.
If you are excited by this challenge, talk to us now. This is a superb opportunity to bring your skills, experience and energies to an exciting and challenging role. Contact: Adam Tarsh at firstname.lastname@example.org