Are you a passionate, curious brand marketer who cares about how you do things, not just what you do? Do you enjoy changing peoples' lives for the better? Would you like to work for one of the UKs most well-known brands? Do you enjoy working with an innovative, creative and collaborative team? Then please read on!
You will have the rare blend of creative, commercial and influencing skills. This is the perfect role for a super enthusiastic marketer, who wants to break down barriers and get things done! You will be commercial, self-aware, savvy and curious in your approach to work. Skills that would really benefit you in this role include:
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Emotionally intelligent
- Commercial and curious
- Inclusive and enthusiastic
Experience that will benefit you in this role includes:
- At least two experiences of working in an FMCG company or similar brand marketing experience including new product development
- Knowledge of cross channel communications across major channel areas such as advertising, sales and media promotions, retail. online and POS
- An understanding of the total media marketplace. Specifically, a high level of understanding of the TV, press, radio and outdoor media markets to be able to interpret media audit findings, econometric data and media buying briefs
- Financial planning and analysis skills
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of marketing programme management
- Track record in managing and implementing promotional activity with third parties Knowledge and experience of agency supplier relationship management
About the role
Changing peoples lives and giving back to good causes will be at the heart of what you do; delivering annual business plans, looking for new market opportunities to maximise returns, write creative briefs for all platforms to increase consumer engagement, ensuring products and communication platforms exceed consumer needs to achieve business targets and evaluating the performance of all consumer touchpoints and recommend areas for improvements where necessary.
You will get to work with large budgets, working closely with product teams and retailer teams to ensure there is consistency across the entire matrixed business. This role will give you exposure to way more than you might in any other FMCG business.
- Ensure delivery of 18 month marketing programme; encompassing brand positioning, strategies and key activities. Set brand and financial KPIs, interpreting consumer research, sales data, business priorities and the trading environment.
- Develop a set of rolling contingency and tactical plans in order to respond to variances from sales expectation.
- Monitor, understand & regularly summarise commercial performance in order to escalate issues and trends and activate tactical and contingency plans.
- Define and quantify opportunities for product evolution & innovation over 18 months to 2 years; plus co-develop concepts and propositions with Strategy & Innovation dept.
- Direct New Frontier on long term (>18 months) brand development.
- Own the end-to-end customer experience, making recommendations for improvements and working closely with the relevant teams to implement
About the client
This is a multi-billion pound business whose brands are everywhere. They have a dynamic environment where testing and learning is encouraged and professional development is right at the top of the priority list. The offices have recently been refurbished and make for an amazing place to work.
This is a 10 month contract role covering sabbatical.
If you are looking to work in a charity environment without losing the commerciality you have picked up in your FMCG career, then please get in touch! There is a lot for us to talk about.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you dont hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **