OLIVER is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. It’s a dynamic, fast-paced, solutions-focused start up environment – that brings client and agency closer together to create more creative and effective work.
Overview of the role:
You will be a Brand Journalist and native German speaker, working as an integral part of OLIVER’s biggest account, Unilever, based in Hamburg, Germany.
The Brand Journalist combines content project planning, investigative research, copywriting and script writing. They are experts in storytelling and dramatization of subject matter. The Brand Journalist works closely with the other studio leads on the planning and style of content, and with Data Strategists on content optimisation for search. Their role is to create inspiring and exciting content that achieves reach and engagement targets through all channels.
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for writing, research and ideation of creative and innovative content that brings readership and encourages sharing
- Write short- and long-form articles
- Create and repurpose content for different usages
- Combine an authoritative voice and consumer education with comprehensive marketing integration
- Work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing
- Set tone and drive creativity, working closely with the Content Team Leader to ensure creative excellence
- Maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities
- Be responsible for working with internal teams to gather input and validate the content
- Ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- Present and articulate concepts to clients.
What you need:
- Native German speaker
- Strong experience writing in corporate or journalism environment
- Experience of publishing through and content management systems
- A thorough understanding of how content can play out across multiple mediums
- Creative and meticulous in the use of language and data while developing concise, engaging text
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences
- Ability to present and communicate clearly to other team members and clients.