Robert Half Creative & Marketing are proud to be working with a Bristol based leading consumer goods firm with a strong port-folio of established market leading brands. Due to market demands we are recruiting a Brand Insight Manager.
Reporting to the Senior manager of trade and strategy the Brand Insight Manager works closely with teams and stakeholders across the business in the planning and execution of commercialisation strategies that drive growth for the Category and Customers. In addition, building and creating a suite or reports and trackers to help keep the business on track and recommend and build the strategy moving forward is a crucial part of this role.
In order to accomplish this, the Associate Manager must be analytically minded with an eye for the detail and proficient in pulling reports and information together, whilst also being able to think strategically and pull together insights and recommendations to the business, Senior Leadership Team and externally to key customers.
This is a pivotal role in the organisation and requires a passionate individual with strong communication skills, commercial acumen and stakeholder management
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build the annual category/brand plans, by working closely with Brand Marketing and communicating cross functionally across the business
- Working closely with brand marketing to translate pricing & promotional policies into guardrails to then align and gain sign off with key stakeholders across the business.
- Own commercial strategy & plan for upcoming innovation- through Size of Prize (SOP) scenarios/analysis, trade estimates and pricing and promotional guardrails
- Capture & communicate channel & customer requirements by working with the sales and channel marketing teams, and inputting into the global innovation process to drive successful launch for innovation
- Conduct Category, Channel and Brand analytics with Invoiced Sales Data, Sales Out Data, Market Data (IRI/Nielsen/Kantar) and Shopper Insights to provide key insights and recommendations to the wider business and key retail customers through category management principles
- Monitors Category trends and dynamics
- Create and run regular dashboards to then cascade to the business and understand performance
- Manage and monitor new launch reviews/performance update to feedback to the business and help provide key focusses for the business
- Manage SKU rationalisation/product lifecycle process - provide recommendations to the business based off of sales data and commercial feedback
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (emphasis in business/marketing or related field preferred)
- A background in consumer Category Management, Shopper Insights, Strategy, Marketing, Sales or related position
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand management and marketing philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success.
- Commercial experience with National retailers
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines cross functionally
- Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong familiarity and previous experience working with syndicated data, measures and software (e.g. NPD, Nielsen/IRI, GFK, Consumer Panel, Spectra, ECRM or Market Track, XP3, etc.)
- Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
- Build strong sustainable stakeholder relationships at all levels and functions of the organization
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Eye for the detail, whilst working efficiently and at pace and meeting tight deadlines
- Perform analysis across a wide variety of category business issues to provide insights and make fact based recommendations
- Convey complex issues brilliantly with excellent communication and presentation skills
Our Client is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture. They have a sensible approach to flexible working are an advocate of continuous professional development
Salary & Benefits
The Brand Insight Manager will receive a basic salary of up to £38,000 plus benefit package
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.