This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK’s largest construction companies. They are looking for someone who wants to utilise their passion for writing and implement their writing skills in their everyday role.
The bid writer plays a key role in supporting the business throughout the bid process, and delivering compelling copy in line with the company’s brand, position and processes.
As a key member of the appointed bid team, the bid writer develops and translates win strategies and business objectives into smart, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations, project managing their own activity in line with department bid plans.
- Answering plan/storyboard with the team to understand the question or scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for bid team to deliver in line with your strategy.
- Taking a proactive role in the writing of standard content, CVs and project profiles - closing gaps where possible by interviewing / questioning relevant parts of the business.
- Proofreading or copy editing responses to ensure compliant, compelling, benefits-driven copy.
- Taking the lead in writing compelling, factual, focused executive summaries.
- Writing experience in a professional and/or journalistic environment.
- Experience translating business, brand strategy to content and communications.
- Experience transforming complex technical information into clear, concise and compelling content.
- Understanding of the building or property industry is preferred but is not essential.
- Very high standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to shape compelling responses.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team, colleagues and stakeholders in a professional, consistent manner.
If of interest please get in touch with Joe Holbrook: