OLIVER is a rapidly expanding creative services agency with a twist – we provide our clients with bespoke dedicated agencies that operate from within their offices. We are looking for an Artworker to be onsite at our clients offices in Birmingham.
We are building a team of individuals who have the ability and confidence to learn on the job and help the client transform their marketing capabilities.
As an Artworker you will be undertaking the layout and artworking of design collateral within brand guidelines, proactively managing design quality, accuracy and consistency.
You will be based onsite within the client’s offices, so the ability to take artwork briefs from the client is essential. The role demands a consistent and accurate approach to layout and design to fulfil the brief within agreed timescales. Taking personal responsibility for client liaison on allocated jobs, time management and the completion of timesheets are all important requirements.
This role requires a courteous, positive and high-energy individual with great people skills. Someone who works hard, but has fun with it and who can demonstrate a proven track record of driving complex projects forward in a timely fashion. You should have a meticulous attention to detail, establishing yourself as a safe pair of hands ensuring nothing falls through the cracks on projects.
- Edit and prepare print ready artwork across a range of media including, brochures, flyers and proposals, advertisements, displays etc.
- Experience in artworking for digital web banners, social posts would be advantageous
- Ensure all client brand guidelines are maintained.
- Quality assurance of all work, ensuring 100% accuracy with no spelling, typographical errors and/or design/layout mistakes.
- Management of artwork collateral
- Management of smaller projects, guiding the client lead with regard to artwork, ensuring quality of the final product
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, consistency and presentation of artwork
- Maintain internal processes and look for ways to improve them
- Take responsibility for professional development and knowledge of latest software
- Produce high quality artwork across a mix of projects
- Finalise both digital (online banners) and print projects to a perfect standard.
- Undertake artwork to the client’s brief and exacting standards.
- Develop an effective working relationship with colleagues and client and provide excellent customer service
- Effectively manage workloads within agreed timescales
- Proactively monitor artwork quality, accuracy and consistency
- Look for ways to develop new design within the guidelines, marketing and production opportunities
- Take responsibility for continued professional development
- Work proactively under own initiative and as part of the design team
- Complete timesheets
- Excellent artworking skills (layout, creativity and attention to detail)
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines and provide consistent artwork quality
- Experience in management of artwork collateral
- Excellent client liaison and customer service skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Great teamwork skills
- Be a great team player and have good communication skills
- Excellent client liaison skills and the ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Responsibility for accurate presentation of final artwork for production
- Ability to work accurately and provide consistent artwork quality
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines
- Experience in management of artwork collateral
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – principally InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in the Legal sector or professional services environment
- Previous experience working in an agency environment
- Digital experience in web banners and social posts.
- Experience of working with International clients or on international projects where you’ve demonstrated your ability to create designs for global audiences would be advantageous.
As you will be working onsite at our client’s office, it is important to understand and embrace their culture to feel truly immersed. Their key values are outlined below:
- Approachable, are friendly and pleasant to deal with are clear, proactive, open and helpful with clients, contacts and colleagues
- Speak up when something is wrong or when we need help
- Bold, volunteer opinions, question conventions and are open to others’ ideas: we don’t wait to be asked
- Are prepared to invest time and energy into developing opportunities and learn from the experience, regardless of the outcome
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Mentor and develop all members of the team, recognising that this is the path to excellence
- Connected, build and maintain strong relationships, taking time to really get to know clients, colleagues and contacts, and our communities
- Connect with our clients by developing a deep understanding of their business, vision, people, culture and plans and of the markets in which they operate