FTC - 12 months
Start Date: ASAP - Early Jan Ideally
Are you a talented relationship manager with experience working in the B2B publishing industries?
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the countries oldest and most prestigious associations during a pivotal transformation project.
This UK based association have a reach of over 150,000 students and professionals in over 148 countries. This is an entirely new role to facilitate their digital transformation and expansion. Sitting in a small team within a larger cohort of around 60 content professionals, this role is ideal for a client services professional who wants to gain more experience in a fast paced environment.
The main focuses of the role are to facilitate the smooth transition to a digital-first publishing model as well as supporting the management of publishing relationships to ensure products meet objectives to customer, stakeholder and company standards.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be working with the Commercial Publishing Manager in the management of publishing relationships with existing and potential partners, suppliers and content licensors by:
- Project Management of change programmes resulting from the Publishing Retender, Learning Materials Retender and related projects. Tracking progress, preparing for next steps i.e. chasing actions, editing documents, preparing agendas and actions, planning, liaising and organising to ensure all stages run as smoothly as possible from an operational perspective.
- Problem solving, negotiating and finding pragmatic solutions to one-off issues relating to the portfolio, as they arise. Fostering good internal working relationships at all levels
- Day to day account management of existing contractual publishing relationships; ensuring reports are delivered on performance against contract expectations, income, costs, sales
- Approving content created by publishing partners to ensure sufficient quality, alignment with brief and content strategy; collaborating with Content Team and colleagues across the business.
- Arranging meetings, ensuring new suppliers are set up on our systems, proofing and tidying documents, general support to ensure things run smoothly.
Skills and Experience:
- B2B publishing background - ideally within an association or membership body
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management and supplier management
- A good understanding of magazine publishing and/or textbook publishing
- Demonstrable project management skills, ideally within the context of change programmes
- Experience in business planning, customer experience, change and project management are essential
- Efficiency, organisation and prioritisation are skills that are key to the successful execution of this role
- It requires a quick multitasker who is able to think on their feet
- Someone who is an effective communicator and has strong interpersonal skills will excel in this position
- Great problem-solving skills are a must
- A 'bigger picture' outlook will be needed in this role
If you are an account manager who is ready for a new challenge, then make sure that you apply today!